I Know it in My Heart!!


As I visited my native place, which is a remote village, I met a village shepherd. So I stopped by him and began to talk with him. Our conversation was revolving primarily around his Job of shepherding his sheep. He had nearly 80 sheep.


Half way through the talk, I asked him this, “How do know when a sheep has gone astray”. Since there were too many and he cannot constantly count his sheep, I was just wondering if he had some technique.

He though for a moment and then he said, “Sir, I know it in my heart”.

I thought he misunderstood my question and so I explained him the question again, but he repeated the same answer. He said there were no other techniques but somehow when his goes astray he knows it in his heart. 

And then it hit me. He was explaining my relationship with the Great shepherd.

Isaiah 40:11 says, He will feed his flock like a shepherd; He will carry the lambs in His arms, holding them close to his heart.

God, the great shepherd has us in his heart and he knows our ways.

As we go astray he knows in his heart and follows us. As he finds us he carriers us and holds us close to his heart, the place where we always belong.

Great is His Love!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let Your Tears Fall

Love Test!!

Enraged Jesus