Finishing!!

I am a great starter. I like to start so many things. I initiate a lot of things where ever I go. New projects, new book, new relationships, and so on. That being said, I must confess I am not a good finisher. For example, I start to read a book but I don’t finish it. I find it difficult sometimes to finish well.

I am reminded of the rabbit and the turtle story. Though the rabbit started well, it was the turtle who won the race since he was the one who FINISHED the race. Finishing something that we have started is very important. Finishing well is much more important.
We read in genesis 2 that God rested only after he FINISHED his work and saw that it was very good. What an example for us to follow. Have we ever looked at our week’s work and said its very good and then rested from our work?
Jesus who came to this world finished his work before he left. Hanging on the cross, he cried out saying “It is FINISHED”. He finished well and we live because of his finished work.
Paul said I have fought a good fight, I have FINISHED my course, I have kept the faith" (2 Tim. 4:6, 7).
We need to finish what we have started and we need to finish well. It may be your work, it may be your mission on earth or it may be your life in Christ, you need to cross the line.
Here is a verse to encourage you.
And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to COMPLETION at the day of Jesus Christ. Phili 1:6
Allow your heavenly father to complete your life. He is a perfect finisher…have a look at this clip…Our Father in heaven will help us to cross the line.




Comments

  1. Awesome da...thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey.. good one da.. first of all every scribbling of yours is very interesting to read (likes to read) and it has got real meaning to it and very useful and very truthful.. so keep writing.. atleast once in 2 days..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bijin, I am glad you are enjoying the blog and you are really kind to me :). I would try my best to keep it more frequent.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let Your Tears Fall

Riches to Rags - The Story of Christmas

A Voice Shouting!