Home and Helper

In the 14th chapter of John, Jesus says twice; Do not let you heart be troubled. It is actually a command. Jesus knew that dark days were awaiting him and his disciples, but still says “Do not let your heart be troubled”. So I understand that am in control of my emotions. I can choose to happy or troubled. To achieve this there are two major promise that Jesus gives them.

Last week I travelled to Madurai. I didn’t panic during my travel. I was enjoying the travel inspite of the difficulties I faced during my travel. Bad roads, irritating neighbors, boring movie, congested seats, and ups and downs in the road didn’t really trouble me. Why? Because I knew tomorrow morning I would be at home. That confidence made me enjoy the travel. Also, I had my wife at my side. She always wants to help me. She assists me in all that I do. I share how I feel and she understands. She encourages. She is a good helper. Confidence of my home and Comfort of my helper made my journey joyful and kept me on course.

These are the same two promises that Jesus gives His disciples.
“2-3;In my Father's house are many rooms…..I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.” It’s a promise about heaven or eternal home.
16And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor or Helper to be with you forever—. And here is the promise of an eternal Helper, the Holy Spirit.

Confidence about your home (In Heaven) and Comfort and guidance of your Helper (The Holy Spirit) will make your journey joyful and keep you on course. So next time you are troubled, here is the remedy- Home (heaven) and Helper (the Holy Spirit).

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let Your Tears Fall

Love Test!!

Enraged Jesus