Going into Arabia!

13 For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it. 14 I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers. 15 But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased 16 to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being. 17 I did not go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went into Arabia. Later I returned to Damascus. - Gal 1:13-17

"...I went into Arabia.." That little phrase caught my attention. 

Paul was a doer. He was an activist. He was a man of action. But when God revealed himself in a glorious light and through a voice on his way to Damascus, he went into a solitary time of prayer with God. 

Then, he went into Arabia and i believe that he spent studying the word of God and understanding God's plan for his life. Arabia is a place where you spend time with God alone.

An Encounter - Solitude - Ministry.  That was the order. 

Now a days, I see 4 to 5 christian churches in a street. I am worried about the impact it has on the surrounding community. Thats because everyone who has had a encounter with Jesus, starts working for him without taking time to understand this Great God and his plans for us. 

We need to go into Arabia. We need spend some quality time in Arabia alone with God before we work for him. 

For some you might be in a season of being in Arabia. Stay there till God sends you out into those missionary journeys...

Where is your Arabia? How long has it been since you have shut yourself off from the outside world and spent time with the one who created this world? Go into Arabia...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Your Tears Fall

Riches to Rags - The Story of Christmas

A Voice Shouting!